Whether you're hitting the trails or embarking on a summer road trip, having a convenient and nutritious snack on hand is a must! That's where these Chocolate Trail Mix Bars come in.
Packed with all the goodness of trail mix, including nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, these bars are the perfect fuel for any adventure. Plus, they're super easy to make and can be customized to your liking. One of the best things about these bars is their portability. Simply pack them in a reusable container or wrap them in wax paper for a grab-and-go snack that's perfect for hiking, camping, or any outdoor activity. And because they're made with whole ingredients like oats, nuts, and dried fruit, you'll feel satisfied and energized for hours.
Not only are these bars convenient and nutritious, but they're also affordable. Making your own snacks at home is a great way to save money, and these bars can be made in large batches to last you through multiple adventures. You can also get most of the ingredients from the bulk section, so you can avoid the single-use packaging that normally comes with granola bars.
Next time you're gearing up for an outdoor adventure, don't forget to make a batch of Chocolate Trail Mix Bars!
If you try our recipes, don’t forget to share photos and tag #ITailorMadeIt in our Facebook group for a chance to win a gift card!!
- 1 cup BOB'S REDMILL gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup ZIBA trail mix
- ½ cup CADIA mixed roasted nuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup ENJOY LIFE chocolate chips
- ½ cup CADIA pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup CADIA chia seeds
- ¼ cup currants
- ½ cup CADIA maple syrup
- ½ cup CADIA creamy peanut butter
- 2 ounces LUV'S chocolate, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon CADIA avocado oil
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine oats, trail mix, nuts, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, & currants.
- Heat peanut butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan & stir until bubbling. Pour over oat mixture & stir until well blended & everything is coated.
- Line a 9"×9" baking pan with parchment paper. Add mixture to the pan & with wet hands, press mixture flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow bars to cool before removing from the pan.
- Cut into eight bars & place on a cooling rack.
- Fill a medium pot with two inches of water & place a heatproof metal or glass mixing bowl on top. You want it to fit snugly without touching the water. Bring the water to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the chocolate & avocado oil to the bowl & stir until melted & combined.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cooled bars.