Methylcobalamin is the coenzyme form of Vitamin B-12, and is the biologically active type of B-12 found in the human body. Vitamin B-12 is a member of the B-complex family of water-soluble vitamins and has numerous functions in the body including stimulating red blood cell production, support of healthy nerve function and the metabolism of homocysteine. Low levels of vitamin B-12 is often seen in vegetarians, as plant foods lack vitamin B-12, and in elderly people as their ability to absorb B-12 from food is limited. The absorption of B-12 requires a protein, which is secreted by cells in the stomach, called intrinsic factor. Elderly people secrete less intrinsic factor and therefore absorb less vitamin B-12. A Methyl B-12 in a lozenge form is delivers greater amount of B-12 into the bloodstream. This helps provide significant amounts of B-12 in its more active form.†
Coenzymated Methyl B-12 1,000 mcg by Tailor Made Nutrition Features:
- High potency formula contains 1,000 mcg of methylcobalamin, the most bioavailable form of Vitamin B-12
- Convenient dosage; lozenge dissolves under the tongue
- Great tasting cherry flavor
- Gluten Free, Non GMO and Vegan
- Contains No dairy, wheat, gluten, eggs, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors
Coenzymated Methyl B-12 1,000 mcg Tailor Made Nutrition Benefits:
- Methylcobalamin is more bioactive than cyanocobalamin, which must convert in the liver to the active coenzyme form methylcobalamin before it can function in the body.†
- Methylcobalamin aids in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, supporting healthy blood homocysteine levels.†
- Ideal source for vegan/vegetarians who are at greater risk for vitamin B-12 deficiency.†
- Methylcobalamin helps donate a methyl group to form SAMe (s- adenosylmethionine) which helps support healthy brain function and liver detoxification.†
- Methylcobalamin is essential for the production of normal, healthy myelin; protects the nervous system and supports its function.†
- Vitamin B-12 supports healthy red blood cell production, essential for oxygen transport throughout the body.†
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency generally increases with age because of decreased levels of intrinsic factor a protein normally produced by the stomach and which aids in B12 absorption.†
Other Ingredients: Dextrose, xylitol, stearic acid, natural cherry flavor, citric acid, silica, red radish juice powder.
Contains No dairy, wheat, gluten, eggs, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) chewable tablet daily or as directed by a healthcare professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF PETS & CHILDREN
Also available in store at Tailor Made Nutrition in Woodbury MN
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.