Vitamin D3 5000 IU 125mcg 100 Softgels
: In stock
Vitamin D, often called the “sunshine vitamin”, is really a hormone that has been categorized as a vitamin. Only a few foods naturally contain vitamin D, including fatty fish and cod liver oil. Fortified foods such as milk and cereal are the major dietary sources of vitamin D, but is estimated that 40% of the U.S. population is vitamin D deficient. Therefore, supplementing the diet with extra vitamin D is essential for optimal health.
The role of Vitamin D in helping to maintain bone density and strength is clear. It is required for the process of moving calcium through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream.
Even though the human body can manufacture Vitamin D under ideal circumstances, there is strong evidence that much of the American population suffers from a deficiency of the nutrient. This means that supplementation may be important. Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) is a natural, highly bioavailable form of Vitamin D derived from lanolin.
Vitamin D3 5000 IU 125mcg softgels by Tailor Made Nutrition Features:
- Contains vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), a highly bioavailable form of Vitamin D.
- Sourced from lanolin (a vegetarian source of Vitamin D).
- Delivered as an easy to swallow soft gel capsule.
- Gluten free.
Vitamin D3 5000 IU 125mcg softgels by Tailor Made Nutrition Benefits:
- Vitamin D is essential for calcium and phosphorus absorption and utilization.†
- Stimulates osteoblast (bone producing cell) activity, which helps maintain bone density and strength.†
- Stimulates the synthesis of osteocalcin, an important protein involved in bone formation.†
- Helps maintain adequate blood calcium levels which help support cellular metabolic processes, cardiovascular and neuromuscular/neurological functions.†
- Vitamin D is important for normal, healthy cell growth and function.†
- Helps support normal, healthy insulin secretion.†
- Vitamin D helps support healthy immune function.†
Other Ingredients: Softgel (gelatin, glycerin and water), cholecalciferol and safflower oil
Allergen Information: Sugar free, salt free, dairy free, yeast free, wheat free, gluten free, soy free. Contains No preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel daily, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light .KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Also available in store at Tailor Made Nutrition in Woodbury MN
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.